Digitization in the poultry house – and much more
In just a few days, VIV Europe, one of the world’s largest trade shows for modern poultry production, will open its gates in the Dutch city of Utrecht. Following the motto “The Smart World of Big Dutchman”, the poultry equipment supplier Big Dutchman from Vechta, Germany, will show its product range on large and inviting stands in hall 12 for the duration of the show (20 to 22 June).
“To us, ‘smart’ refers not only to the current ‘hot topics’ regarding digitization, but also to clever innovations, housing concepts and other solutions poultry managers can use to make their farms future-proof,” explains Big Dutchman CEO Bernd Meerpohl.
This statement is reflected by the impressive number of products Big Dutchman will boast during the European VIV version that takes place every four years. The Big Dutchman booth has interesting and innovative solutions for every poultry house. FarmBookpro, the free-of-charge app for every poultry farmer, efficient BigFarmNet solutions, new farm packers, a brand new mobile house on wheels and the world’s first aviary for broiler breeders are just some examples.
Poultry managers can look forward to many attractive innovations on stands 12.C060 and 12.D060:
- NATURA Caravan – For producers who market their eggs directly. The new Big Dutchman mobile house with wheels for free range and organic egg production will premiere on the fairgrounds in Utrecht. Due to a clever concept that includes automatic feeding, egg collection, climate control and manure removal, NATURA Caravan is a very reliable system. The new mobile house can be registered for use on public roads and is easy and safe to move, even in operating mode with 800 to 1,000 layers on the range.
- NATURA Step 24-18 V16 aviary – The nests of the NATURA family’s flagship member for egg production are now equipped with an easy-to-remove back panel. Farmers can therefore access the egg channel without obstructions. The crossbeam design including anti-roost profile is also new.
- Hybrid management system – Innovative: poultry managers can convert this colony system into an aviary when required.
- EggSmart elevator – This compact elevator has been newly developed specifically with the African, Asian and South American markets in mind. It is the perfect solution for smaller houses and reduced collection capacities.
- BigPacker – The new BigPacker product line is an ideal addition to the Big Dutchman portfolio for egg collection. Three different farm packer models allow for capacities of 15,000 to 25,000 eggs per hour and are thus the perfect solution for small and medium-sized farms. The new BigPacker products are distributed in cooperation with the Moba group, the world’s leading manufacturer of egg grading, packing and processing equipment.
- OptiPlate TS 23 plate dryer – An efficient plate dryer that can be installed at the barn’s gable wall thanks to its compact design. Enhanced features allow for drying of very moist poultry manure (from a dry matter content as low as 23 %).
- ViperTouch 6.0 climate and production computer – All new: the Big Dutchman success story for state-of-the-art management and control of broiler houses is now also available for egg production thanks to special software modifications. Great functions such as layer feeding, shell limestone dosing, water level alarms, egg counting and air mixer control included!
- Egg and meat producers can also look forward to a faster processor, the larger 10-inch display and more functions with even more benefits.
- FlexLED HO (high output) LED lamp – the second generation! The new light tube’s output is four times higher than that of the standard FlexLED, making it ideal for aisle and ceiling lighting.
- FlexLED ECO LED lamp: a small and compact lamp for management systems or for mounting below the aviary as well as for retrofitting of existing systems. And so easy to install!
Big Dutchman International GmbH is happy to welcome you in hall 12 at stands 12.C060 and 12.D060.