Senior Manager, Purchasing
Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)
- Develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the objectives of the business to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings.
- Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities including supplier sourcing and selection, supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial performance, material shortage elimination and quality control.
- Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts to support the critical business needs.
- Ensure that purchasing strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets, which enables the Company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilising global market exploitation, leveraging spends and leveraging technologies.
- Develop, implement and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance.
- Management reporting of progress and corrective actions on supplier performance.
- Manage material flow to insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support on time customer deliveries while keeping inventory holdings at the appropriate levels.
- Oversee the buying of materials and supplies including materials used for the production of goods.
- Coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Bachelor of Degree in Mechanical/Automation Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in strategic and operational purchasing leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes and systems including quality control.
- Familiar with purchasing of sheet metal part, wire mesh product and plastic parts.
- Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvements with proven contract management and supplier experience.
- Independent, organized and able to work under tight deadlines with affirmative actions, strong execution and follow up.
- Excellent data analysis skills with knowledge in ERP system.
- Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines.
- Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development.
- Able to travel within the Asia region.
Submit application to:
BD Agriculture (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
No. 9 Persiaran Astana / KU2
Bandar Bukit Raja
Selangor Darul Ehsan